New events 2018 coming soon…
Paul is also giving individual massage sessions in Arambol.
Meditation Retreat Portugal – Meet Mooji!
9-16 September 2017
The teaser of our meditation retreats! 🙂 🙂
Here’s a video with more information about the retreats.
Meditation is the most powerful way to get to know yourself and bring joy into your life.
This meditation retreat is an invitation to explore yourself in a playful way and to empower your intuition.
The retreat introduces you to different types of meditation such as mindfulness, walking meditation, vipassana meditation and meditations through intuitive movement. This retreat also includes a satsang (teaching) of an around the world well-known spiritual teacher, Mooji, at his home base Monte Sahaja.
The natural environment of the retreat creates the perfect conditions for introspection and stepping out of daily routines.
We create an open, relaxed space for sharing our experiences and questions that may arise during meditations, discussions, and other activities.
Sharing and asking questions help both you and others to understand emotions and thoughts, but most of all where these sensations come from and how to deal with them.
Meditation is a beautiful way to experience silence. This silence will gradually and effortlessly sink into every moment and activity in your life.
This retreat helps you to
- Feel rejuvenated, relaxed and energised.
- Alleviate choice making
- Deal with daily life stress
- Relax in relating with people and your (future) life partner
- Relax into the moment, without reliving the past and worrying about the future
- Deal with intense emotions such as anger, fear, anxiety, jealousy, and sadness
- Understand and cope with burnout, depression, and addictions
- Rely on your intuition and find clarity about your direction in life
- Become aware of your body’s needs
- Do your own meditations at home or at work
- Enjoy life!
This retreat is suitable for:
- People who have never or seldomly experienced meditation
- Practitioners of meditation that want to deepen their experience
- Anyone who is in need of rejuvenation and relaxation
- Anyone who feels an urge to make their life more vibrant & juicy
12.00 – 16.00 Arrival
16.00 – 18.00 Welcome Ceremony
18.00 – 19.00 Dinner
20.00 – 21.00 Introduction to Meditation
07.30 – 08.30 Breakfast
09.00 – 09.30 Walk to Monte Sahaja
10.30 – 12.30 Satsang with Mooji**
12.30 – 13.30 Lunch at Monte Sahaja
13.30 – 17.00 Free exploring time at Monte Sahaja
18.00 – 19.00 Dinner
Monday – Friday
08.00 – 09.00 Silent Sitting
09.30 – 10.30 Breakfast
10.30 – 12.30 Meditation through (creative) exercises, teachings, and sharing
12.30 – 13.30 Lunch
13.30 – 15.30 Siesta/Leisure
15.30 – 17.00 Active meditation & sharing
18.00 – 19.00 Dinner
20.00 – 21.00 Video discourse by well-know teacher, or spontaneous happenings***
07.00 – 08.00 Silent Sitting
08.30 – 9.30 Breakfast
09.30 – 10.00 Check out
10.30 – 12.00 Group sharing & goodbye
* Changes in the schedule may be introduced due to weather and group conditions without prior notice
** We visit a scheduled open satsang by Mooji. We do not take accountability for changes in his planning
*** Evening program on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
9 September — 16 September 2017
30 September — 7 October 2017
Arrival is on Saturday before 16.00 hrs
Check out is on Saturday at 12.00 hrs
Early bird price (Booking before July 1): 600 Euro
Normal price (From July onwards): 650 Euro
The group size is limited. Please book in advance to reserve your spot.
A deposit of €250 (please include transaction costs) has to be paid as soon as possible after booking and latest one month before start of the training. Only once we received the deposit your spot will be reserved. The deposit is non-refundable.
Remaining course fee
The remaining course fee can be paid in cash upon arrival. There’s an ATM available in São Martinho das Amoreira; you can withdraw 200 Euro at a time.
- We provide no cancellation or refund during the course
- In case of any serious medical reasons the participant is allowed to cancel his/her current training and can join in our next training. In that case we will only charge you for food and accommodation.
Included in the price
- 7 Nights accommodation in twin-shared room
- 3 Vegetarian meals (we do serve eggs) per day
- On the Saturday of arrival only dinner is included
- On the Saturday of leaving only breakfast is included
- Satsang with Mooji at Monte Sahara
- Lunch at Monte Sahaja after the satsang
- All meditations and other activities
- Transport to meditation locations in the surroundings
- A reader with a description of all the meditations
- Free use of the saltwater swimming pool
- Free use of wifi
- Taxi from/to Faro airport for additional 95 euros (per single ride)
- Taxi from/to Lisbon price on request
- Taxi from/to Funcheira (closest train station) for additional 12 euro (per single ride)
- Rebalancing massage for 60 euros per 1,5hrs session (only available during siesta time and free evenings)
- Private room for additional 200 euros (enquire for availability)
- Extra nights (in room or caravan) and meals before or after the retreat. Please enquire for price and availability
You will be staying at a private villa on the property of Monte Maravilhas, a beautiful retreat center located in a lush green hilly valley covered with many cork and olive trees. From the property you can make many beautiful walks leading to numerous peaceful outlooks on top of the hills to enjoy the scenery or sit in silence and meditation.
The private villa is surrounded by a big garden with many flowers, and an orchard with grapevines, fig, orange and olive trees.
You have direct access to the saltwater swimming pool and the adjacent garden, full of fresh mint. The meditations take place in and around the villa, across the property and in the natural surroundings.
What makes this location specially unique is the fact that spiritual teacher Mooji is residing and building his ashram in the same valley.
Mooji has chosen this location for the beautiful surroundings that fully support meditation and finding peace.
What to bring?
- Loose comfortable cloths to wear during your meditations
- Warm sweater and pants for the early mornings and evenings
- Swimming wear
- Sun blocker
- Mosquito repellent
- A set clothes that cover your shoulders and knees for visiting Mooji’s satsang
- Shoes for walking
- If you have a meditation cushion you can bring it; its not compulsory
- If you have a yoga mat you can bring it; its not compulsory
Monte Maravilhas is accessible via the airports of Lisbon and Faro. Faro is the closest airport (110 km), Lisbon is situated approximately 200 km from Monte Maravilhas. Flying from any bigger city within Europe costs approximately 150 – 250 euros.
When you arrive in Faro or Lisbon you can choose to take the train, bus or rental car. From Faro you may also have access to our transfer service (see prices above) or book your own taxi. If you want to travel by bus or train from the airport to Maravilhas we recommend an early morning flight on your outward flight and an evening flight on your return trip.
Exact address details
7630-527 São Martinho das Amoreiras
Please contact us for registration or further information. We will reply as soon as possible.